Welcome to the Worcester Art Museum!
The Worcester Art Museum is world-renowned for its 35,000-piece collection of paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, photography, prints, drawings and new media. The works span 5,000 years of art and culture. View paintings by Cassatt, Gauguin, Goya, Monet, Sargent and Whistler; admire floor mosaics from the ancient city of Antioch; see cutting-edge contemporary art; and discover the Museum's many other treasures. Special exhibitions showcase the masterworks, seldom-seen gems, and important works on loan.
While you are here
- Take in our Permanent Collection
- See our latest Exhibitions
- Participate in one of our Daily Activities
- Enjoy a delectable lunch in The Museum Café
- Browse The Museum Shop for unique gifts
- Take part in great activies for Kids and Families.
- Read more in our Library
- Check out our latest Classes and workshop offerings for youth, teens and adults
- Purchase a Membership and receive Free Admission and great discounts
We look forward to your visit!
Welcome to the Worcester Art Museum. Please enjoy all the Museum has to offer, and help us protect the art.
Tips for a successful visit
- Please do not touch the works of art. This is the most important rule to remember in the Museum. Stay back two feet or more from the works of art, stands, glass cases, and walls. Please hold your young child’s hand for their safety and the safety of the art.
- All large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas must be placed in the coatroom. Lockers are available.
- Food, drink, and gum are not permitted in the galleries.
- Only pencils and colored pencils are allowed in the galleries.
- Non-flash photography of artwork is permitted in all Museum galleries, except in the Art Since the Mid-20th Century Gallery. Please ask the gallery attendant if you are unsure. Download tips on taking successful selfie photographs.
Services available for your comfort:
- The coatroom is located just inside the Lancaster Street entrance of the museum.
- Key-operated storage lockers are available in the coatroom. Keys may be requested upon check-in.
- All Museum galleries are wheelchair and stroller accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs are available for visitor use in the galleries. Please inquire at the Visitor Services/admissions desk upon your arrival. A barrier-free entrance for visitors entering with wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, etc., is located on Tuckerman Street via the Stoddard Garden Court.
- Baby changing stations are available in the 1st floor and 2nd floor restrooms. Breastfeeding and bottle feeding are permitted throughout the Museum.
- Please visit the Museum Café for more information and hours. Vending Machines are available on the Lancaster Lobby balcony. A coffee cart is available during open hours in the Lancaster Lobby.
- Audio Tour equipment is available for rental at both admissions desks.
Thanks for visiting—come again soon!