We look forward to welcoming you to the Worcester Art Museum! Please review the visitor guidelines outline below prior to your visit and help us protect the art for generations to come.
While in the Museum
- Please do not touch the works of art. This is the most important rule to remember in the Museum. Stay back two feet or more from the works of art.
- Please hold your young child’s hand for their safety and the safety of the art.
- All large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas must be placed in the coatroom. Lockers are available.
- Food, drink, and gum are not permitted in the galleries.
- Only pencils and colored pencils are allowed in the galleries.
Services available for your comfort
- The coatroom is located just inside the Lancaster Street entrance of the Museum.
- Key-operated storage lockers are available in the coatroom. Keys may be requested upon check-in.
- All Museum galleries are wheelchair and stroller accessible. A limited number of wheelchairs are available for visitor use in the galleries. Please inquire at the welcome desk upon your arrival. The Museum entrances on Salisbury and Lancaster Street are both fully accessible to visitors entering with wheelchairs, strollers, walkers, etc.
- Baby-changing stations are available in the 1st-floor, 2nd-floor, and 4th-floor restrooms. Breastfeeding and bottle feeding are permitted throughout the Museum.
- For information about taking photos and videos around the Museum, please read the Worcester Art Museum Photography and Video Policy.
- Visitors may be filmed, videotaped, and/or photographed by an employee or contract photographer. Admission serves as permission for the use of images of visitors by the Worcester Art Museum and its constituents. However, visitors may ask—either the photographer or a WAM employee—not to be photographed. The Worcester Art Museum asks all photographers to respect the wishes of Museum guests, many of whom visit for quiet viewing and enjoyment of the art and galleries. Harassment of any visitor or infringement on their personal space is prohibited. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your picture removed from one of our online platforms.