The Worcester Art Museum connects people, communities, and cultures through the experience of art.
Our wide-ranging exhibitions tell global stories—from art made thousands of years ago to works being created today. The Museum’s collection of over 38,000 objects, assembled since its opening in 1898, provides a foundation to connect visitors of all ages with art, artists, and the ideas they spark. With strong ties to both our local community and the international art world, the Worcester Art Museum is an essential cultural venue for Central Massachusetts and beyond.
By 2027, the Worcester Art Museum will be even more relevant to the experience of our city. Our revitalized campus and increased digital presence will welcome more visitors from near and far. Our collections, exhibitions, and programs will inspire in new ways, connecting the local and the global in all of their diversity. Our expanding community, staff, and volunteers will feel proud of the museum as inclusive and innovative.
- Transformation. We believe art has the power to change lives.
- Inclusion. We succeed when everyone feels welcome and experiences belonging.
- Engagement. We listen to our communities to support meaningful experiences.
- Collaboration. We find strength in diversity and partnerships.
- Innovation. We champion shared learning and new ideas.