Brick by Brick: A Community Castle Exhibition
December 7, 2018 – February 1, 2019
The Worcester Art Museum is accepting entries for a community exhibition in the Higgins Education Wing entitled, “Brick by Brick.”
Artists, and particularly Lego® enthusiasts, are encouraged to submit a plastic-brick castle they have created to “Brick by Brick.” This exhibition will display the broad artistic interpretations of this beloved material. Whether the work of art was from a kit or from your own imagination, all entries are welcomed.
All media may be submitted with the following constraints:
- Works must be self-created.
- Works must fit the theme of “Castles”, and must be made of plastic brick building materials, such as LEGO®.
- Works may be no larger than 36" in width or 36" in depth or 36" in height. Works with multiple components still must conform to the size requirements.
- Works may be installed on the floor or on a pedestal; artwork must be carried in and out of the museum under your own power (no lifts/ dollies available). Pedestals are limited in number and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Castles must arrive and be displayed on a sturdy, no flexing board. Pieces may be glued.
- All works must be submitted with an artist's/owner's wall label and a short statement.
- Artists of all ages are welcomed.
Works not conforming to these eligibility requirements will not be considered for the exhibition.
- Complete the Intent to Submit form by November 30, 2018.
- Bring ready to be installed art to the Worcester Art Museum, 55 Salisbury Street, Worcester, on Friday December 7, 2018 from 9am to 4pm. Artwork will be checked in, and you will complete your wall label at that time. Artists may include a brief artist statement that reflects on the meaning of the work.
- Our staff will view the work to finalize exhibition placement. All decisions of the museum staff are final.
The bottom portion of the Intent to Submit Form must be SIGNED, COMPLETED, & RECEIVED no later than November 30, 2018.
Drop off and pick up of work is held during the above dates and times ONLY.
At drop off, artists will sign their work in, and MUST provide a brief artist statement and complete a wall label.
Intent to Submit Due Friday, November 30, 2018
Work Submission Dates Friday, December 7, 2018, 9:30am–4pm
Exhibition Closes: Friday, February 1, 2019, 4pm
Pick-up Accepted Work, February 1, 4–8, 9:30am–4pm