Friday, June 28, 10am-4pm
FREE admission all day
Explore our exhibits and take part in hands-on art activities for FREE throughout the day!
The Worcester Art Museum is thrilled to participate in this program for another year! Admission to the Museum is completely FREE today. Free Fun Fridays are sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation.
Click here for a list of other Free Fun Friday venues and dates throughout the summer.
Please review the information below to prepare for your visit to the Worcester Art Museum. We look forward to welcoming you!
- Art Cart: Touch Armor, Gallery 206, 10am-4pm
- Art Cart: Chain Mail, Medieval Gallery, 10am-4pm
- Family Nook, Higgins Education Wing, 10am-4pm
- Let’s Make a Mural, Studio 100, 10am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
- Summer Stencil Art, Studio 101, 10am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
- Collage Creations, Studio 102, 10am-12pm / 1pm-4pm
- Guided Tours, Lancaster Lobby 11am & 1pm
- Arms & Armor Demonstration, Conference Room, 11am
- Meet a Knight! Medieval Gallery, 1-3pm
- Food Trucks, Lancaster Street: “The Dogfather”, 11am-2pm,
and “Richie’s Ice Cream”, 11am-3pm
(Schedule subject to change)
Preparing for your visit
To make your visit to the Worcester Art Museum enjoyable on this busy day, we recommend that you plan ahead.
- Discuss with family members what to do if separated during your visit; select a meeting spot ahead of time.
- Capacity is limited in Art Since the Mid-20th Century, and lines may form outside those galleries.
- Large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas must be placed in the coatroom upon arrival. Lockers are available.
- Touching is tempting, but we ask that visitors do not touch the artwork.
- Weapons are not allowed in the Museum, even if they are part of a costume. This policy includes weapon-like objects, real, reproduction, fantasy, home-made, or prop weapons.
- We love pets, but please leave yours at home; assistive animals are welcome.
- Limited parking is available at the Salisbury Street entrance and across from the Museum on Lancaster Street. Given the volume of visitors, you may not be able to park onsite and may have to walk some distance to the entrance.
- Accessible parking and entrance is available at the Salisbury Street entrance, and on the Tuckerman Street side of the building.
- The Museum Café will be open from 11:30am to 3pm.
- In addition, beverage and snack vending machines are available on the second floor of the Higgins Education Wing. Water fountains are located in the Lancaster Lobby.
- “The Dogfather” and “Richie’s Ice Cream” food trucks will be parked on Lancaster Street.
- Groups are welcome, but must pre-arrange their visit by calling Jan Ewick, tour coordinator, at 508-793-4338. For youth groups we recommend at least a 1:6 adult to youth ratio for a more pleasurable experience.
- Please arrive via Lancaster Street to unload and pick up. There will be no bus parking in the Museum lots.