The Worcester Art Museum's mission is to connect people, communities, and cultures through the experience of art.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Making art central to the life of our evolving city, communities, and beyond
- Collecting, preserving, exhibiting, and interpreting global art
- Inspiring diverse audiences through art and art-making
- Ensuring an inviting and accessible visitor experience
- Attracting, developing, and retaining talented and diverse staff and volunteers
- Supporting innovative scholarship and intellectual exchange
- Achieving organizational sustainability
By 2027, the Worcester Art Museum will be even more relevant to the experience of our city. Our revitalized campus and increased digital presence will welcome more visitors from near and far. Our collections, exhibitions, and programs will inspire in new ways, connecting the local and the global in all of their diversity. Our expanding community, staff, and volunteers will feel proud of the museum as inclusive and innovative.
- Transformation. We believe art has the power to change lives.
- Inclusion. We succeed when everyone feels welcome and experiences belonging.
- Engagement. We listen to our communities to support meaningful experiences.
- Collaboration. We find strength in diversity and partnerships.
- Innovation. We champion shared learning and new ideas.
- Integrity. We are guided by ethical principles and accountability.