Free Fun Friday - FREE admission 11am-5pm
Friday, June 27, 2014, 11am-5pm
The Worcester Art Museum is thrilled to participate in this program for another year! Admission to the museum is completely FREE today. Free Fun Fridays are sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation. Click here for a list of other Free Fun Friday venues and dates throughout the summer.
Please review the information below to prepare for your visit to the Worcester Art Museum. We look forward to welcoming you!
Preparing for your visit
To make your visit to the Worcester Art Museum enjoyable on this busy day, we recommend that you plan ahead.
Click here to download a listing of the day's events.
- Discuss with family members what to do if separated during your visit; select a meeting spot ahead of time.
- Capacity is limited in Knights! and Art Since the Mid-20th Century, and lines may form outside those galleries.
- Large bags, backpacks, and umbrellas must be placed in the coatroom upon arrival. Lockers are available.
- Touching is tempting, but we ask that visitors do not touch the artwork.
- Weapons are not allowed in the museum, even if they are part of a costume. This policy includes weapon-like objects, real, reproduction, fantasy, home-made, or prop weapons.
- We love pets, but please leave yours at home; assistive animals are welcome.
- Limited parking is available at the Salisbury Street entrance and across from the Museum on Lancaster Street. Given the volume of visitors, you may not be able to park onsite and may have to walk some distance to the entrance.
- Additional parking will be available at the municipal parking lot on Highland Street.
- Accessible parking and entrance is available on the Tuckerman Street side of the building.
- The Museum Café will be open from 11:30am to 2pm.
- Beverages, sandwiches, and snacks will be available for purchase from 11am to 3pm at the Sip cart in the Lancaster lobby.
- In addition, beverage and snack vending machines are available on the second floor of the Higgins Education Wing. Water fountains are located in the Lancaster Lobby.
- Groups are welcome, but must pre-arrange their visit by calling Jan Ewick, tour coordinator, at 508-799-4406, Ext. 3130. For youth groups we recommend at least a 1:6 adult to youth ratio for a more pleasurable experience.
- Please arrive via Lancaster Street to unload and pick up. There will be no bus parking in the Museum lots.