We have several internship opportunities at the Worcester Art Museum. Internships require a 3 to 4 month time commitment. During this time, you will be responsible for assisting with a specific departmental project or projects that will allow you to learn across different areas of the Museum. A site supervisor will work with you to develop a project plan and provide mentorship and feedback on your work. All internships are unpaid. We are able to provide internships for credit if approved by your college or university. Our goal is to provide real-life museum experience in an educational environment.
Internship time offerings are semester-based:
- Fall semester, spring semester and summer semester
We currently do not have any summer internship postings. Please check back.
Applications not formatted to the following directions will not be acknowledged:
If applying by email all attachments must be in Microsoft Word format.
- Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Cover letters should be addressed to: Laura Riach, Visitor and Volunteer Services Manager.
To apply for an internship prepare a single MS Word document containing:
- A cover letter (addressed to Laura Riach, Visitor and Volunteer Services Manager), indicating the specific internship(s) or area of interest for which you are applying.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Two references (personal or professional), including name, phone number and relationship.
The subject line of your email must include:
- Your full name
- The title of the internship(s) for which you are applying
- The semester of the internship for which you are applying
(for example: Laura Riach, Visitor Services Internship, spring 2013)
All properly formatted applications will be acknowledged via email within 10 business days of receipt by the Worcester Art Museum. Applicants selected for interviews will usually be contacted by phone.
For applications by mail, please send to:
Laura Riach, Visitor and Volunteer Services Manager
Worcester Art Museum
55 Salisbury Street
Worcester, MA 01609-319